Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chocolate Raisin Tea Bread

1/4 c butter
2/3 c sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c flour
1/3 c cocoa
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 c buttermilk
3/4 c chopped walnuts
3/4 c raisins

Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat egg and combine with buttermilk. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat on low speed until blended. Stir in nuts and raisins. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool before eating.

5 comments:

Lena said...

Oh boy! Thank you Dear Vita for taking the time!
This looks like a nice easy one too.
It's finally not raining this morning. Yesterday we had amazing rain...and you know we are used to rain. Makes me wonder if we are going to have another year like last year, which was the 2nd wettest in our history.
I think I will take advantage of the lull and run a couple of errands today.
Hope you have a happy day.
Thanks again!

Vita said...

How are your gutters? One day I was fixing dinner when I heard HH come home (he heads for the motorcycle warehouse in the back yard) and the next thing I knew, I was hearing very loud hammering. It turned out our gutters were starting to fall off the edge of the cover over the back patio. DD is heading up your way tomorrow via private hire bus for WIBC. Hope I-5 N is having a rain lull tomorrow. Today is errand day for me, too.

Avus said...

Thanks for the photo of the Rupp. That is totally a new one on me. I "googled" it and came up with a German firm, but they stopped manufacture in 1932 and that looks 1970/80ish. I agree that it might make a nice little trail bike. Ask HH for the origin, engine size and age for me please.

That choc. raisin bread sounds delish. I must try to convince Mrs Avus that I need fattening up!

Vita said...

Oh, dear. I forgot to tell you to put in the egg. I have made the correction, and it will show up eventually, I expect. HH likes the tea bread.

HH's new Rupp is from 1971, so you were spot on with your guess. See Rupp comment for more.

Jean said...

Je suis gourmand !
Chocolate aisin , The and bread ..
Every days !!!!