Wednesday, November 08, 2006

B 31 Second Try


I hope this works. I just wrote a rambling reply regarding Mrs. Staggs, Avus and hhnb and got an error message, so suppose that was all lost. Hmph. If it's gone forever, I'm sure it was all brilliant reparte, but if it shows up, it was complete drivel.

This is one of my favorite views of the B31 BSA. When it's up on the hoist, this view is at eye level. Photo was taken while bike was still in New Zealand, but it doesn't look any different now, even though HH has received many packages from England that contained things that he's put on her, plus a nice little owner's manual, which I find all over the house. I keep trying to keep it away from food consumption areas, so it won't get blobs on it.

Well, I must away.

6 comments:

Avus said...

Oh wow! you just do this to make me jealous and nostalgic.

My first sidecar bike (the one with the "cylinder head")was a BSA M21 - 600cc sidevalve, 1952 model. It was exactly the same as the B31 in your pic (but all black) except for the engine.

herhimnbryn said...

Ah V. I imagine Avus is now suffering from non-stop drooling!
Gorgeous image.

Vita said...

Gloat gloat gloat. I still have never ridden in a side car, so who's gloating now?

Lena said...

This is a great photo! The bike is lovely. HH has acquired a lot of bikes I haven't seen...when was the last time I saw you at your house? 4th of JuLy sometime.

Vita said...

Dear Mrs. Staggs, I have no brain for years. It was one of them. I don't think Young Mr. Staggs had gained his full height yet. I'd better go to Merrysville and see what's up?

Rosa said...

Are you a biker babe like dear Mrs. Staggs? How fun! Thank you for your sweet birthday wish!