Monday, April 06, 2009

Suckers are Gone


If you've seen this photo before it's because I like it a lot, and I can't figure out how to work Scanner, or I've forgotten how, and I can't find the camera, and this is cuter anyway, but it was fun going to the sucker recycling plant in the old truck and helping Himself drag the suckers, which we call twigs, out of the bed and into the pile for grinding into compost at the recycling plant. Oh! And I nearly forgot how the twigs were laying around on the ground under the apple trees on Sunday, and the boy across the street and a couple friends were playing guitar drums and bass and singing, when Boys paused long enough for our neighbor to enlist them to pile up the twigs in neat piles. Heidi and I were in and out emptying the truck bed in preparation. Such nice boys, and their band sounded pretty good, too. The neighbor boy is the drummer. Drums are a popular instrument on this street. I get to go to the dentist soon. Oh, boy.

3 comments:

Lena said...

It is a cool photo, and more than worth a second look.

We had musical neighbors down the street for awhile, and they were very talented, and a treat to hear practice. Once they threw a concert in the park. That was a treat, and much enjoyed.

I like all the books you have in your sidebar. I'm always interested to see what others enjoy reading. I haven't read a single Fremont Jones mystery. I'm going to have to add one to my reserve list. Thank you!

Vita said...

I'm not sure that photo was duplicated, because Himself suggested a different one that showed the bike better, but I like this one with the railroad crossing sign.

Avus said...

A fine pic of a nice old Harley. Liked the story of your happy day, too.