Monday, April 13, 2009

Gone, Darn It

I was looking for a picture of the red car for Mrs. Staggs, and getting scanning lessons from himself. OK. Here it is.



That was a fun car, and nice for squiring guests around, but I'm glad we don't have it any more. Now this bike is another story. For some reason, it got sold. Himself was just now kicking himself, again.



Here's another picture of it, along with a nice little truck we no longer have, but there is a good reason for that--it was only a two seater, and there were three of us. It was a nice truck, though.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to be squired around in that car. When did you have it? Why did you get rid of it? Are you coming to hear accordions tonight?

Lena said...

Well, I still wish that I'd bought that car, even though everyone did their darndest to talk me out of it. I truly loved it, and still close my eyes and see it's beautiful dash.

Himself has had some beautiful bikes. The old black Triumph being a very favorite of mine.

We sure did have some fun once upon a time, didn't we? I can remember some amazing rides. Remember the way that Mr. Staggs could take a corner? We'd be inches from the ground at times.

Thank you Dear Vita for finding the photo for me.

Love you.

Avus said...

That car is straight from Inspector Morse, policing dear old Oxford.

As to the bike - a very nice early '60s Triumph (model not sure about). The colour was listed as "Amaranth Red" - the Triumph workshop boys always called it "Hammer and Thread"!

Vita said...

That is exactly why I like watching the old Chief Inspector Morse shows. He had the black top--and right hand drive.

I think that Triumph was a 1957. I will tell Himself about the Hammer and Thread Amaranth Red.

Vita said...

I have received a note from Himself, saying his Speed Twin 500 was a 1959--first year of unit construction 500. Oops. What was I thinking?

Avus said...

Ah, well, only about a year out on my reckoning. Speed Twins were always referred to at Triumph as "Tweed Spins

I suppose it helped the time go by.