Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hot Lazy Day



Twilight, gibbous moon, narrow twisty road, bicyclist just visible, no reflectors, no lights, peddling along side of road. Must have been caught out by the ever shortening, dark increasing days of August Cyclist was not me, but I passed him in car. That was last night. Today I rode with helmet and reflectors and slow moving vehicle triangle, reflective and neon orange. I want to get a flag on a stick, too, to help me be visible in my low-slung bicycle to the huge 4-door, 4-wheel drive pickup trucks.

4 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Those tall, orange flags are cool. They make a statement: "If you hit me, I'll be sure to leave a dent on your vehicle."
Also, how cool that you were out on the bike! I'm inspired! I haven't ridden since last week. Too hot. Too tired. Too much to do. Plus, returning to work for long, 8-hour days. Wah!

Lena said...

I keep finding myself surprised at the time in the evenings lately. The shorter days have been catching me a bit by surprise too.

Young Mr. Staggs works at a sporting goods store when he's not at school. He's checking into a bike rack for me. There are too many hills around our house, so I'm going to try taking my bike to flatter areas to ride. I used to love to go bike riding. Hopefully I will again.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

BoggyWoggy said...

Vita,
I have a question about the gas tank on that old bike in the foreground: does it ever get too hot when one rides?

Avus said...

Answer to boggywoggy - no "ali" tanks are very cool 'cos they reflect the heat away. Black painted tanks are the hottest.
Your kind of cycling sounds a bit hairy with all those trucks around - I guess I will stick to my marshland lanes which weave around like streams amongst the hedgerows.