Thursday, June 05, 2008

Are We Ready?


I'm a little concerned that I keep forgetting things, dropping things, losing things. Am I OK? I practice, but as soon as I learn a new thing, I forget an old thing. Do I like the dog better than the cat. She is an obnoxious cat. DD will gradutate Monday. If she can remember to get all her things done. She doesn't sound worried, so I'm not worried. I heard them talking about all the tons of students who also don't have their things all done yet. She did check with someone that said it would be OK to finish up those things tomorrow. One of her teachers told her class to remember family is for life, and friends are just temporary. She wondered why he gave such an odd speach. Well, he knows what teenagers are like. My BFF in high school (who is still a friend) used to say every day "I hate my mother." She loves her dear sweet mother, and it didn't take a whole year away at college before she realized it. What else am I on about? Can't think in a row for long enough to finish a thought, so bye y'all.

6 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Wow, Vita. Your brain is going all over the place!
I've been really, really sad lately, due to the relationship I now have with Dear Daughter. I'm happy-sad, know what I mean? Oh, and I think you should like your dog better, cause the frickin cat don't care. We have a cat. She was in the vet last week for stuff...after a big cat-or-racoon-fight...$185 later, she still wakes us up in the morning.

Lena said...

Hi Vita, Sorry I've been so long making my way over here. My dad was in the hospital last week, and I caught that awful bug that's going around. I'm behind on lots of things!

Most every woman I know over about the age of.. is complaining of forgetting things often. I know it's a little hard sometimes, especially when you are busy.

My sincere congratulations to DD and to you and the HH too on her graduation! I remember the day that she was born. She's a special young lady to us, and we wish her all the best.

I hope you took photos of the big day. I didn't realize DD was graduating so early...she makes graduate #5 in our life this year. It's such an exciting time...and there are a few butterflies too! All the announcements we've been receiving have been for the next couple of weeks. I have lots of cards to send. One will be there soon!
xoxo

Avus said...

Nice photo of an early '70s BeeEmm - even older than mine (which has a crook gearbox at present and looks like costing me about £800 to rectify!)
As to the "family" thing - I loved Alvin's wonderful analogy in the film "The Straight Story". Take the twigs individually and you can break them easily - bundle them close and they are unbreakable "that's family".

Avus said...

P.S. As to the "forgetting" thing - I guess it's not just you, Vita. I put my house and garage keys down somewhere 2 weeks ago and just cannot find them. Had to pay out £26 to get new ones cut!
I also forgot my dental appointment the other day, in spite of the dentist having rung me two days before to remind me of it! That comes expensive too, since I had to pay for the missed appointment.

BoggyWoggy said...

Hey...it was fun riding bikes with you! We must do it again soon!!!

Rosa said...

I've become so scatter brained these days, I don't know if I'm coming or going either! Yes, let's see what college brings! I look forward to that eye opener for my son. The hub and I were talking yesterday--either he will come home so appreciative of us or he will be planning his moving out! hehe. No middle ground!