Sunday, February 24, 2008

Best Laid Plans


Do things in this photo look wet? Oh, let me tell you. DD added some bits to his beloved 45-flathead and was eager to take it out to test them, so he listened to the weather report and decided Friday (not this Friday) was the perfect day for a ride. He asked at work to have it off, and eagerly waited all week for his adventure. He took off for coast in a light drizzle, so was wearing his rain pants. Never mind that the weather forcast predicted dry and partly sunny. He saw sun and blue sky ahead to the south, so headed that way, and wound his way eventually to Florence, where some little tiny thing broke on his bike and he fixed it, but the surge caused a headlamp to blow. I don't remember which one, bright or dim, but I notice new ones arrived in the mail this week. The drizzle never stopped. He's just passed Sea Lion Caves in the photo, and on a clear day you could see Heceta Head Lighthouse from here, which is just down the road. When he eventually returned home, he handed me his gloves and said "feel this." They were dripping and so HEAVY. I think he had fun, but his jacket and gloves felt like they'd been held under water until they couldn't absorb any more, and they left large puddles on the linolium. The next day was beautiful.

6 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

What a beautiful photo! Really captured the essense of Oregon, that's for sure! The wet gloves made me smile...I've had a carfull of FROZEN, smelly gloves over the past few weeks!
Miss you!

beadbabe49 said...

The weather has been so weird this winter that no one has been able to predict it with any accuracy at all! It was supposed to rain all weekend and be sunny mon. & tues....instead, it was sunny saturday, partly sunny on sunday and today it's overcast and wet...we're layering (our clothes) and ready for any changes!

Avus said...

Ah - cold, wet, soggy gloves! The joys of motorcycling. At least most gloves are (fairly) waterproof these days - I used to wear bright yellow "Marigold" washing up gloves under mine when it rained.

BoggyWoggy said...

Hey, Vita. I miss you! Sometimes at night, if I concentrate really hard, I think I can hear your voice in my head!

BoggyWoggy said...

Vita! REad my blog today! I want your input!!!

BoggyWoggy said...

I need to read a new blog! I NEEEEEEEEEEED to read something from my friend, Vita! Blog, Vita, Blog!
Your daughter was awesome on stage last week! She ROCKS!