Thursday, March 15, 2018

Test Drives

This is the Sunbeam after it's test drive.  Everything is working fine, except the old carburetor, but he can deal with it.  I see that other vehicles have shift quadrants, but not like this one.
The day before the shift quadrant was installed in the Sunbeam S7, he put a star hub, which also came in a box in the mail, in the Harley 45.  Luckily, the sun was out both days and both bikes got a test drive.
Last week there was also a day of sun, so all these got trips to the gas station for a top up.
Here's the other side of the Sunbeam after it's successful test ride.  Test drive.  Well, the bike didn't drive itself!
And here's another sun/shade shot of the 45 flathead.  I sure like the way it looks without bags, even if it does have the mounting brackets mucking up the line of the rear fender.

5 comments:

Avus said...

A lovely old bike. I have always hankered after a Sunbeam. Went to a big dealers in London way back in 1957 (Pride & Clarke) to trade my first bike (BSA Bantam) for a used one they had in stock. The salesman persuaded me to buy a Douglas Dragonfly instead, so I have never owned a Sunbeam, except a 1937 350 single which I bought from a local back yard trader for £5 - those were the days!

Vita said...

But you did have a Douglas! Not everyone had a Douglas. Did I tell you my cousin has a photo of my grandma (who probably made excellent gooseberry pie) on a brand new Henderson? I think its owner was trying to win her over, but he failed. Just a note on the Harley: it's not very loud. HH can come home on it without my knowing!

Manish Packers and Movers Pvt Ltd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Manish Packers and Movers Pvt Ltd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manish Packers and Movers Pvt Ltd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.