Thursday, May 11, 2017

Nice Day so Far

Photo from a ride HH took after a month of rain.  He was the high bidder on an Ebay auction and bought a 1960 Series IIIA Hillman Minx, which we plan to pick up on Tuesday.  Have cleaned out the garage to make room for it.  I don't know where to park anymore, because I used to line up with a Rupp which isn't parked in there anymore.  He says he'll hang a tennis ball so I know where to park if I want him to.  So far I'm doing all right without it.
 The little BSA needed exercise, too.  No need to be rescued this time.  A crow stopped by for a visit.
 Here's a picture of the Minx.  It's got 4-doors, fog lights, a roof rack, and 4 on the floor.  I'm so excited.  Woo hoo!  Hope my shifting skills come back.  I failed last time I tried to drive a stick!

2 comments:

Avus said...

Hi Vita. I still pop by to my old blog contacts from time to time (not many of them left now though).

I Like the Minx. I had the small station wagon version (Hillman Husky) when the kids were small. Good little car, but these Hillmans were always prone to rust through above the front wheel arches. There was a ledge inside under there where wet crud used to accumulate.

Vita said...

Oh, Hello, Avus! What a nice surprise. We'll try to keep it dry. HH gave a way his Rupp, plans to sell a couple motorcycles, and maybe the pickup, and has made room in the garage for the Minx so it will stay nice.

We were out driving it today and plan to take it on a drive to Independence, a nearby cute old-for-Oregon town with a local club with a hodgepodge of British cars on Wednesday morning. There were 2 Jaguar XK-140s in the park when we met this loosely knit group for the 1st time, and people said they hadn't seen those before. I think most "members," if I can call them that, have a collection of cars and motorcycles to choose from.

I am so far still playing the trombone in three active groups that still let me play with them.

HH was as delighted as I that you popped by!