Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tiger Rag


Here it is, our newest bike--newest to us, just picked up today, is a very nice 1969 Triumph Tiger TR6R. Himself loved the 1967 he had in high school, and he says this one has improvements over that one. It needs original handlebars and a coil. It's too exciting not to talk about.

We are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. Himself says he is exercising his heart. I asked how, and he said "Deep relaxation." Heidi (the miniature long hair dachshund) is helping him, by sitting on his chest and looking cute and alert.

Later...Himself is so keen and eager I don't think he wants to go away for our anticipated night at the coast, because the bike is not there. (He is checking it out thoroughly before driving it, so no bad things happen, like acid dripping onto the tailpipes.) I can hear it running now. Vroom vroom vroom.

4 comments:

brsmaryland said...

Mr. Meander says it is a sweet bike. Many happy miles on it to you and Himself! And happy 29th - wow - that is a lot of years ;-) What is the secret??

Avus said...

Yes - I think the '69 Tiger is the definitive Triumph - well done for getting a nice one.

I can almost feel his excitement, the way you wrote it (I suppose you could always take the 'umph with you for the weekend, to play gooseberry)

Lena said...

I hope you guys had a wonderful time. Happy days to you.....happy trails too! It looks like a wonderful bike. Triumphs are my favorite bikes.

Do you have any old photos of the Ferrari? I loved that car too. Especially the burl on the dash.

Vita said...

Oh, dear, Mrs. Staggs. I remember very well our lovely scenic drive, and the car was RED, all right. Do you remember Himself driving forwards and turning all the way around backwards to look at you when he spoke? Ha ha. It made you just as nervous as it makes me! Anyway, it was a MKII Jaguar. Much better for sight seeing, I think.