Friday, January 09, 2009

Oh, Dear

Here it is, the ninth day of the year 2009, and not off to an auspicious start. Yesterday the cat decided I was annoying and scratched the back of my hand, I put too many potatoes in the curry, the fun and happy "face" bracelet that Boggywoggy gave me broke and most of the beads rolled to hidden crevasses, and the diamond mysteriously disappeared from my engagement ring, which was also HH's mother's engagement ring, and a very pretty diamond it was, too. It was really shocking to look down and see a huge gaping hole where I was accustomed to seeing a brilliant sparkler. Alas.

5 comments:

brsmaryland said...

oh no! Not a great day. Sometimes they happen. The lost diamond is upsetting. Maybe it will turn up? Keep looking downward for shiny things ;-)
Hope today is a better day.

Vita said...

Oh, look at that sheep. Who is riding it? I am delighted.

Lena said...

Oh gosh, how sad to lose the diamond. I hope it comes back to you. I was just thinking the other day that it is probably time to have my rings retipped. I'm awful hard on my wedding rings, because I rarely take them off. I'd feel very sad if that happened. Well, actually once, it did, but it was a very small diamond that fell our. I accidentally hit my hand on something really hard, and my entire ring had to be repaired.

I love the bike on top. It looks like a fun country back roads bike. Fast and sporty around the corners! I used to love rides like that!

Frogdancer said...

The same thing happened to my dismond. Keep the setting!!!
3 years later my youngest boy found the diamond in the corner of his sock drawer.
(And yes I know that means I'm a bad mother not to have cleaned out his drawer in all that time, but I'm a very busy woman!!!)

BoggyWoggy said...

Oh, dear, Mrs. Vita